ABOUT TON GALATI:
Tony Galati is an information technology professional, entrepreneur, teacher, and business leader who is revolutionizing vocational education in the US through the creation ofMyComputerCareer.edu, a remarkable career college that has rapidly become one of, if not the largest vocational college dedicated to computer networking and security in the country.
From opening its first campus in Raleigh in 2008 to construction of six additional campuses in four states and its current national expansion in the online learning space, Galati’s vision of “changing lives generationally through careers in Information Technology” is being fulfilled by thousands of grateful students each year.
A career-changer himself, Mr. Galati was a graduate of the BYU Marriott School of Management. He began his career in the world of accounting but after a few years had had his fill of crunching numbers. Not only was his income not keeping up with the needs of his growing family, but his job satisfaction was declining rapidly. With the help of a friend tutoring him in a makeshift basement “classroom,” Tony was able to transition into the Information Technology field as a help-desk technician in the early ‘90s.
In short order, Tony rose to team leadership and was asked to train others. Thus began his love affair with teaching. For more than a decade as an instructor for many of the most prominent training companies in America, Tony built a successful career teaching technology skills to, primarily, other IT professionals.
But there was still something missing. Inspired by a strong desire to help others improve their quality of life, Tony founded MyComputerCareer and changed his focus to serve non-technical career changers. Built on a conviction that he could teach necessary technical skills to anyone that had a desire to learn them, and with a commitment to the values of Integrity, Customer First, Love, and Excellence, the school has blossomed in the ensuing decade.
Under Galati’s vision and leadership, MyComputerCareer has grown from one instructor and a small support staff on a single tiny training center, to a leading national institution with seven brick and mortar campuses and an expansive online learning program serving over 3500 students in the last fiscal year. It has become nationally accredited and eligible to accept Federal student financial aid through Title IV funding, the GI Bill, and other sources. The company has been named one of the “Fast-Fifty” fastest growing companies in the Raleigh Triangle region and a member of the 2018 Inc. 5000 fastest growing companies in America. Now staffed with over 400 dedicated education professionals, enrollment is expected to more than double in the current year.
The son of a US Army (rank), the US military has long been close to Tony’s heart. This affinity led him to seek GI Bill eligibility as quickly as possible to bring the opportunities of an IT career to transitioning soldiers and veterans. MyComputerCareer sponsors the POW-MIA Freedom Car, is a sponsor ofMilitary Makeover on Lifetime TV, and participates in other military related causes.
- MyComputerCareer is an accredited online and in-campus technical college that provides hands-on Information Technology training, certifications and job placement in as little as seven months.
- MyComputerCareer is headquartered in Holly Springs, N.C., and has seven campuses located in Texas, North Carolina, Indiana and Ohio, as well as online courses available nationwide.
- MyComputerCareer was founded by IT-industry veteran Tony Galati in 2007 after he realized the industry was not producing enough skilled, certified professionals to meet the needs of the rapidly growing industry.
- After working for years in accounting with a low income and low job satisfaction, Galati himself was drawn to the Information Technology industry in the early 1990s. Starting out as a self-taught help desk technician, he quickly climbed the ranks to leadership and spent more than a decade instructing other IT professionals at some of the most prominent training companies in America before creating MyComputerCareer.
- Computer science jobs are expected to grow at twice the rate of all other occupations in the United States from 2016 to 2026, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics Employment Projections.
- Information technology positions are one of the most lucrative occupations in today's job market, with computer science graduates earning up to 40 percent more than the college average, according to Code.org.
- According to Code.org, as of February 2019:
- There are approximately 15,100 computing jobs available in North Carolina. Yet in 2017, there were only 1,561 computer science graduates in the state.
- There are approximately 36,111 computing jobs available in Texas. Yet in 2017, there were only 3,563 computer science graduates in the state.
- There are approximately 4,511 computing jobs available in Indiana. Yet in 2017, there were only 1,886 computer science graduates in the state.
- There are approximately 13,536 computing jobs available in Ohio. Yet in 2017, there were only 1,462 computer science graduates in the state.
- MyComputerCareer is nationally accredited by the Accrediting Council for Continuing Education & Training (ACCET). The school offers three courses to accommodate students of all levels, including the IT Systems Administrator Program (ITSA), the IT Systems Engineer Program (ITSS) and the Cyber Security Engineer program (CSE).
- The ITSA Program provides entry-level students foundational IT training needed for certifications from Microsoft, Cisco and CompTIA.
- The ITSS and CSE programs are advanced programs designed for students interested in specializing in IT security careers and attaining increased certifications from Microsoft, Cisco, CompTIA and EC-Council partners.
- MyComputerCareer accepts students with no former experience or training in IT, with successful graduates coming from a wide range of backgrounds including military, retail, finance, stay-at-home parent, moving services and even plumbing.
- MyComputerCareer is dedicated to helping its graduates find jobs, providing unique lifetime career services including career placement assistance, exclusive on-campus hiring events, resume writing services, interview preparation and access to a large network of employer partners. ·MyComputerCareer is approved to train students under GI-Bill and Vocational Rehab funding, allowing military veterans to gain IT certification as they transition into civilian life.
- MyComputerCareer has a long-standing commitment to supporting veterans and active duty servicemen through initiatives outside of its courses, including its POW-MIA Freedom Car sponsorship, Military Makeover volunteer participation and most recently, creating a full scholarship to honor a veteran’s daughter.
- To learn more or enroll in a course, visit www.mycomputercareer.edu.